Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Things we can do to help us age better

My dad, Anita and Cliff
I read several accounts of the same article about how the Mediterranean diet can help people delay the onset of dementia. Fish oil and olive oil, fruits and veggies, fish, wine, whole grains, pastas and legumes. The effect on on our arteries and heart are positve. The articles also inform us this diet can help us against cancer, diabeties and heart disease. If we add three 30 minute workouts of walking and weight training we can do something about how we fight these things and age.
Diets I think can be best served when look into the science of it. There is a lot we can eat that doesn't help us but we can find plenty of things we can eat that is tasty and good for us. If we eat healthy most of the time we will come out ahead. For me and many others our diets are driven by the need to improve our healths. I have been more on track of late to eat to lose weight. Being far from perfect here I have gone up and down the scales. Along the way I have learned a little more and I am still willing to try.
One of the things I have learned is to live along the way. It is not about the obsession to to lose weight, but the willingness to live better along the way.
My long time friend Deb is soon to be married, how blessed I am excited for her. My niece and family enjoying there time in Europe. Talking with my old friend Larry who now enjoys living in the Rockies. My aunt sharing photos of my family, these are part of life that has little to do with dieting but everything to do with living. Spring is upon us in weather, due to change tomorrow. But a great day for a walk. Keep walking
Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/life-lines-where-readers-write/2013/apr/30/studies-show-mediterranean-diet-helps-reduce-demen/#ixzz2Ryv7gAb6

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net