Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thinking of Wyoming and recovering along the way

Knees and injury on the mend, back to walking. Walking now is helping alot with reducing pain. The weather the last three days has needed a warm hat but for walkers perfect weather no sweat.
I can hear the Cardinals on my walks, we have a pair of Cardinals in the trees around our home. I like hearing their call. Our trees and bushes haven't started showing us the new green colors yet. The skies have been partly cloudy and and easy on the eyes.
I am reading the Walt Longmire series by Craig Johnson. The mysteries take me to Wyoming very easily. I have been able to talk with an old friend Larry Menshel who lives in Dayton Wyoming near the Big Horn Mountains. I've downloaded some pictures in that area and it is beautiful. I walked a few trails in that area in the 90's. I would like to return for a walk or two and share some time with Larry and Anne. More motivation to do more stairs at work and walk to enjoy a mountain trail.
At work today I helped a few kids and got a kick out of it. That never gets old!
I have shared my rehabs with you and once again movement reduces pain and gets me back into life. Where are you at today? Are you recovering, struggling with, or dealing with getting older or ill? Walking can help. Start out slow and take your time. Each day work at it. In two weeks how do you feel? Stay at it, how do you feel in a month? six weeks? Two months?  10 weeks? Three months you will be feeling better. With Biking , now walking it has been a month for me. My fitness level is improving, as we move into spring and summer I will let you know my progress.
That is how it is often, we have set backs but the key is not quiting. Let's round off that curve, Keep walking

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net