Friday, June 27, 2014

It is possible that you do not consider yourself an old fat man.

It is possible that you do not consider yourself an old fat man. Certainly if you're at the fairer sex such a label would be awful. If you are younger some of the things I write about me do not directly pertain to you. But I would think that in your mind anyway you would like to reach a ripe old age.
To improve your opportunity to live to be older here are some things that you may find helpful:
1. Start where you are - The younger you are the more preventative medicine makes more sense.
2. Develop your own medical team. A good GP is a good place to start. Other medical personnel can be added to your own needs. Having a doctor that can overview your medicines, and help you manage your care can really be helpful. Because I've had people in my close family have heart trouble and my grandmother died of cancer all in her 60s I was mindful of my health risk when I was even younger. If you have risk factors don't wait start your medical team.
3. If you are in your 20s or 30s you may still be in competitive sports. And your fitness training may be geared for that. As you move into your 40s look at your fitness from a health perspective. You have been fit and active you have already have done some good choices to add years to your life. Thinking of fitness as it relates to health will create new challenges for you but you like the changes.
4. If you're somewhat sedimentary then there's nothing like today to start. Take time to research a good fitness plan that involves aerobic, strength training, and flexibility.
5. Change your mindset about food, "eat to live, not live to eat."
6 My blog has a tendency to develop from my experience. My experience may be helpful to you, but health is really a personalized program. Some of my ideas may be very helpful, others may need to be modified, and others may be disregarded for something better. I am coming at this thing as one who is trying to improve my health. My awareness is from that perspective. I am not a medical expert. But I do investigate and do my best to research what I write about so I hope I am not wasting your time. Always check with your medical team for the things you need.
7. When you look for information that can be the most helpful don't leave your mind behind. You are in charge of the information at your disposal. This includes decisions that you make at the doctor’s office, articles, books, or digital information that you read. You are in charge of your health nobody can do it for you. If something smells like snake oil, it is likely a scam, be aware of it. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably isn't true. Sometimes when we are really hurting we could fall prey to scams.
Remember the earlier you start to care for your health, the more years you add to your life. The quality of your life for however long it may last will be better. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net