Monday, June 23, 2014

Making progress strength training is possible

Let’s keep it real, for a couple weeks now that I've been using a suspension strengthening device. It is a device that can easily be modified level to include in 100 different exercise moves. It also can give an opportunity to do strength training when you go on a walk in trail. When on vacation or travel it can easily be packed and used. Along with other exercises that we use our own bodies for you can have confidence that indeed you're helping strengthening your body. The device can be used and can be rather inexpensive.
YouTube several videos that people have produced about suspension training. Look at them first and see what they're doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yep5YcPdG18
Then keep in mind that you don't have to do it the same way they do it. A couple of videos help me see how to take breaks between exercises. You are in control and you don't have to have the same type of Navy seal work out that some of the videos are showing. There are workouts that can challenge the most condition athlete. There are also ways to modify the movement to your fitness level and age. The closer your feet are to an upright position the easier it is. For example you can do a push-up standing upright from the wall or harder as you move your feet back.
Many of us are rethinking how we move throughout the day. If we take a 30 minute walk and then sit
down all day it is not that good for us. But if we stand a little more, add a couple shores, do  gardening, go shopping, get out a few times that 30 minute walk is wonderful. If you're like me and you do things that are sedimentary reading, research, and writing. So I hang my suspension rope from my door and I do a set of moves and later another set of moves. Right now I am experimenting what I can do and what I can’t. I already have my old man workouts using the counter, bed, chair and stairs for sit-ups, push-ups, squats, jumps, heel raises, dips, and lunges. There are also band workouts or weights. Variety is no problem. Doing 3 or 4 at a time is quick and easy.
Finding ways to exercise when you're older isn't difficult at all. We don't have to do the kind routines that an athlete would do at 20 or 30. And just about every kind of exercise we can modify so that we are getting the benefit of the resistance and the moving of it.
When researching workouts when you see pictures of young and fit people they look good. The older we get it seems we are a little out of place. But here are some facts. We can slow down the loss of muscle and bone density. At the Cooper Aerobic Center in Dallas there is research from all over the world that we can actually add muscle into our 90’s.
In clothes, muscle looks better than fat. Increasing our flexibility and strength as we age helps us enjoy life and I think improve how we look. If we see life from the inside out, how we feel about ourselves is what counts. On the outside we are older, so what! On the inside we are alive! So take a look at suspension training, it could be one more tool in your arsenal of health. Resistance bands I know can be as well as light weights. We need it more as we get older. Search the web, check with your doctor and keep walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net