Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Exploring why is so hard to lose weight

I ran across a good article giving four reasons why it is difficult to lose weight, by K. Alicia Fetters contributor to USNews June 10, 2016. You can read the article by clicking the reference follow.
Who we are genetically influenced is health. In 2007, researchers identified a common gene variant by 20 or 30%. "The genes are in our jeans."
In the past 30 years, this gene is not changed but our environment sure has. Fetters writes, “Modern society is set up for us to consume more calories than we burn every day. We just eat more than we did in the past. A lot of food that makes us fat is advertised healthy. Woe is me!
Our bodies are programmed to not want us to starve. In the past, this is many people alive, but today this drive is easily manipulated by her current environment of food, food, food! Our biology and hormones actually working against us to lose weight.
If we lose weight there is a drop in our basal metabolic rate, the number of calories you burn just being alive.
Fetters illustrates this by comparing two men who both way 200 pounds. One of them has always weighed 200 pounds. The other used to weigh 300 pounds and lost weight to two 200 pounds. They are now not equal, for the one who lost weight will have a lower metabolic rate. They will actually walk and fidget less than they used to.
I wonder if the 300 pounders always tended to exercise less than the 200 pounders? If the exercise habit doesn’t change that might explain the metabolic difference?
Obesity can contribute to long-term dysfunction in appetite and rewards centers of the brain, as well as insulin and leptin resistance encouraging fat storage, increased hunger, Fetters reports. 
Not surprising with age there's a natural decline in the metabolic rate.
Binge eating disorder affects approximately 2,000,000 Americans any a clinical level. Why do we eat pass what we need, memories, emotions coping skills learned in childhood affect how we look at food.
What can you do to make weight loss easier?
Just realizing that weight loss is hard can relieve some of the confusion and frustration for those who are
struggling to lose weight. Almost 2 months ago I started with the premise that losing weight is hard. The reasons may be complicated and in personal experience compromised by so many difficulties. Knowing that losing weight is hard has a way of taking away the lifetime burden of it. My effort right now is can it be done. This is part of a long-range goal for me to attempt. 
We need may not be able to control the environment around us, we can take control of our personal environment in our reaction to it. I can use the app my net dairy to eat only what I have investigated and planned and ignore the calorie-rich environment. Divide what I eat out to fit my plan. Choose portions within my range to lose weight, including my fun foods. Use the information gained to live within a plan to lose. 
Like any health plan get the support you need. 
One idea as weight is loss learn to do muscle resistance known to increase our metabolic rate
Weight loss is hard, especially if we have been fat for a long time. Can weight loss really be done? The US News article explores the problems. If I lose weight, what might then can I expect? What information and plan gives me the best chance? Think through the article and questions for yourself and keep walking.


https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-06-10/4-reasons-its-so-hard-to-lose-weight-and-how-to-bust-through-them

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net