Monday, May 6, 2019

We all need encouragement

Punching into an app to track what I eat and reach a calorie count that will help me lose weight is so encouraging. Like me, you may be out there overweight and not making progress. Reading and viewing possible strategies that may help. As we age, exercise may even become more challenging to assist our weight loss.
I take two medicines that are known to slow metabolism and increase weight. I don't even want to go into the many bad habits I have.
But I want to encourage anyone who may read this, despite many setbacks I haven't given up. I deliberately have not written on weight loss because I put it on the back burner while I worked on other things, like how to get moving when walking became more difficult. For me, my recumbent bike and other means like shadow boxing, modifying aerobic exercises to fit my balance problems and actually using indoor walking to improve ba
I know you almost feel sorry for the little guy
lance. When you have Cerebral Palsy believe there are adjustments you have to make as you age.
This stuff is really a work in progress. Maybe it is really a work in progress for all of us. What I have learned is to stay at it ready to try what will work for you.
It is tougher to put good things into practice. Life is often two steps forward and one step back. For those who are heavy, we can fall off the wagon a few times. We can be knocked to the canvas and struggle to make it to the eight count only to have our weight like boxer poised to knock us out again. Man is it easy to give up.
In the last year, I have looked at why it is so hard to lose weight. Our fat cells have a vote as they secretly make known their demands to be healthy and big. A lot of food can be eaten with no thought given to it at all. Some of our favorite foods have a lot of calories. Portions that are helpful are hard to learn. How we eat and how much we eat are learned way before we ever thought about it. Our habits may even be irrational and crazy.
It is easy to give up.
We do have good information and strategies that can be used and be a light at the end of a long tunnel. At My Portion. com I got an idea of what it looks like to have a calorie count for a guy my size to lose weight.
At mynetdiary.com I really uncovered a practical how to. I can actually track the food and brands I eat. By looking at nutritional labels I can type in foods that match what I am eating. I can factor in exercise and movement to see what calories I am burning. The feedback and information help me to make choices that at the end of the day show me I am on my way to losing weight and today is good.  All of the days so far I have been below the target rate of calories and many days like today I am hundreds of calories below. Today I am 800+ calories below my 2200-2400 hundred count. Whatever the progress I will report how effective it is. My goal is 30 lbs by August 10th.
I will be still the fat man but moving down. Keep walking 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net