Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Getting a grip

One of my biggest problems is keeping track of what to eat and how much. It is pretty much a given what I see to eat easily leads to over eating. At night I can become a eating monster consumming far more than I need.
There is a saying that my brother said of me often that is true. "Put the food in front of his and he will eat it. He eats everything. And I mean everything." So true Thomas Paul.
Everything I eat I eat fast. Some have measured my fast eating to the speed of sound or light. OK I may be exaggerating.
My son and his wife are losing weight for summer. They are using an app MyNet Diary with good results. Rather than tell me about it he loaded it on my phone. He is rather smart that way.
The first day we were up in Chicago eating out. He typed in what I was eating and set my goal for
vacation to give me a boundry number if I reach it I will lose weight. The first day I went 300 calories over target goal of 2400 calories. I visted several sites to calculate to maintain my weight now and where do I need to go if I want to lose weight, 1 or two pounds a week.
Even though I went over the first day, if I repeated that every day I would lose 1/2 to 1 pound a week. The app made me aware of my needs to make a late nite adjustment.
To reach my gaol by vacation I am at a 2,217 calorie budget. The four days since I have been under my calorie budget. The app also factors in your movement and adds to the budget. If I hit 2,400 or 2,500 I am still losing weight.
The second part of my plan is to restore movement, improve balance, strength and endurance without falling. My exercise classes vary each day from indoor walking, shadow boxing, biking, resistant training and flexibility. With hiking poles in hand I will walk some of our trails. A work in progress. There are things I have done that work for me so I have hope. Keep walking

https://www.mynetdiary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net