Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Birthday's and such

Donovan, Bompa
I personally celebrated my 61st birthday. A few days earlier I took note of my father's birthday He is no longer alive but memories, photos, talking with others, he remarkably remains a big personality in my life. I am pretty confident most of my life has been lived and yet the time I have left I want to fully experience. I enjoyed talking with my father in law tonight, sharing funny stories, and up to date stuff as well. He had a pace maker put in and he has more energy and is alert. He wanted to be around the birthday party for Donovan and even sat on a stool.  Donovan had his birthday today and it was perfectly OK the focus was on him. Being 61 I think I am mature enough. Being 14 is way more important. At 61 I am cool with being alive, walking again.
Tomorrow Lord willing little Skyler will be born and won't it be fun seeing her in her teens and maybe early 20's. As the years go by the grand kids birthdays will take center stage and the gift for me will be to take in a few of them. I will share her beautiful picture.
Most people in history didn't live to 61. Today we don't think it to be too old. It is old  enough for me to live each day. I would like to listen more to understand and respond. I want to be more than politically correct or have every thought filtered. I want to enjoy my reading and still soak up God's Word, maybe listen to the Bible being read. Enjoy friends and keep making new friends. I along with that want to by faith be close to God. I also think it is possible to have the next days - years be the best with Barb. Walking is a part of all of this, and these gifts can't be bought. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net