Sunday, April 7, 2013

Hurting tonight, that is when care and love speaks loudest

Garden ready to go, just beat the rain in rota tiling and putting down the garden fabric. We can plant some cold bearing plants. We will have time to work on perennials and summer floral gardens around the yard. Our potted plants give green year round. They improve our indoor living as well. One of the best gardeners is Scott Huber I remember his planting a beautiful garden for his parents. Gardening gives us time outdoors and another way to work and move. 
My heart goes out to the Warren family, whose son lost to depression. We are so fragile. I hope someday we can be as open about our mental health as we are about sport injuries, accidents, and illnesses. In our fallen world let's apply the same care for our mental health as we do for a common cold. In my own way I have been open about my mental health problems so others can feel good about help and support. Theologically mental health is a "bitch" as my father would say. If I can heal and cope so what do I care that someone would think less of me. God has always encouraged me to cast my cares upon Him. He knows about them anyway. I have been accepted by God ad loved, and He has me sick or well.
I have found many are very supportive and kind. In truth in low times I am often cared about in surprising ways. CS Lewis title "Surprised by Joy" comes to mind. If someone has the mind to gossip about what ever weakness I have, what a waste of time and energy, it means little to me in comparison to being free of depression and the grip of an anxiety attack. It is kind of like the joy I had this week walking again after an injury a month ago. With each walk I can feel it making me whole and free of pain.
For Ken, Amy and Billy, go blue! Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net