Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Humor shows our fight with getting older

Mark Twain
Humor about getting older brings out our being feisty. There is a little fight left with humor. I think that is good. We are still willing to live.
I know we are aging when:
If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven’t done much today.
Lending money to friends and relatives causes them to get amnesia. (I actually think this is healthy)
You should always put on a new bathing suit and get it wet before wearing it in public.  (I wear a t-shirt and tell people I am concerned about the sun.)
The more mistakes you make, the smarter you get.
Bob Hope - You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
Mark Twain - Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. Also...Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Andy Rooney - I didn't get old on purpose, it just happened. If you're lucky, it could happen to you.
Harrison Ford - You know you're getting old when all the names in your black book have M. D. after them.
Joan Rivers - Talk about getting old. I was getting dressed and a peeping tom looked in the window, took a look and pulled down the shade.
George Burns - When I was a boy the Dead Sea was only sick.
One thing all these people did was kept working as they aged. They had talent and could continue what they have done. If we could find things we are interested in and have a talent for it why not keep on. It may be different from what we did or along the same lines if we enjoy it. George Beverly Shea recently passed and he could still sing after 100.
Today I had a good workout in the gym. My knees have taken to workouts like butter to bread. I feel much better. In my grass cutting I worked 20 minutes and rested 10 minutes, then 20 - 10 again. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net