Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Enjoying a sunny day

Another day in the 80's and sunny. Walking around work and I am sweating. Sweat is good but I can over do it. My work out today will be cutting grass and work three rounds on the heavy bag and weight program. With my steps today at work I will walk 10,000 steps.
Thanks to my Aunt Janelle I have added oat bran to my oatmeal. With raisins and walnuts throw in slices of bananas and strawberries awesome breakfast.
For lunch I will sit outside at the school enjoying the shade and flowered trees. I will take a couple of pictures and share them in future posts.
Yard work can give us a lot of movement that is good for us. Working after work makes the sunshine
healthy. We will do some planting this week of hearty veggies, tomatoes and peppers in a few weeks.
Strength training for me started with my old man workouts of sit-ups, push-ups, and squats with tubing a couple times a week. I still do the old man exercises daily, really helps with arthritis. The tubing I am replacing with weights and total gym three times a week. I will use the tubes for rotator cuff therapy and some range of motion.
I share the things I am doing to demonstrate there are a lot of ways to workout. Challenging yourself to be open to strength training can be a part of any of us as we move to retirement or age. take in the outdoors any way you can and keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net