Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hurting and prayer

"The man in the boat who with his hook takes hold of the shore, does not thereby pull the shore to the boat, but the boat to the shore. And so in prayer we do not draw the mercy to ourselves, but ourselves to the mercy." Wilber M. Smith
Prayer, talking with God, sounds simple, but is it? What has been your experience? Usually when I have listened to others talking about their prayer life, it has never been casual talk as talking to a friend about daily life. No what I have heard is serious talk from the heart about things hard to talk about. Usually something painful, hurtful of a loss of some kind.
Hard things happen to us all and I know my trials do not compare to trials of many. The purpose of prayer is not that we are kept from harm, pain, hardship for Ps. 23:4 tells us "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." James I think writes of this in James 4:8 "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded." Trials have away of testing us and getting us right with God.
The reality is we all live a short time on this planet. It doesn't matter how much you have, or what religion you practice, or even what I write about how healthy we are? It is not long. I think adding quality to how we live is important and even if we add 2 to 7 years because of better lifestyle changes matters, but it is still not a long life. Some how in our time we have to make peace with God and get to know Him as the one who saves us and gives us eternal life through death.
I believe Jesus did that for us on the cross and we personally must trust Him to be our Savior.
When we throw that hook out and snag on shore speaking of prayer of faith, we are pulled toward God and He is near and cares at the hurt. (Hurting however real, is brief in comparison to eternity) Peter reminds us to "5:7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you." Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net