Saturday, May 4, 2013

"Hey Ralphie boy"...Loved the Honeymooners

Thanks Connie for a sunset in Africa
Jesus said in John 14 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."  I was reading a man who lived in a mansion but could only use a small space because of the cold. I was looking at beautiful places right here on earth that I will not see in those locations in person. I am happy to see them on the net. We will never see our nearest neighbors in space or other solar systems, but can you imagine all the beautiful places in the universe to see. God and Jesus has gone and prepared a place for us. We will be at home there and we will be able to experience it at its fullest.
I was reading Henry Thoreau on walking, I was encouraged to do so by Scott, Walking to Retirement. Walking had the idea of adventure, of being somewhere new to your experience, even a spiritual experience. As a young man I remember in particular walking with Mark Huber and had a spirit of adventure.
Another friend went on a backpacking trip to the off road trails in Yellowstone. With the college and career group there was a huge sense of adventure. My friend I had to share a tooth brush and towel. We survived! I came across a "HoneyMooners" script with Ralph and Norton. That show is one of the all time funniest shows. For me it brings the humor of sharing a tooth brush. Their dialogue went like this:

Ralph Kramden: Norton?
Ed Norton: What?
Ralph Kramden: Did you use my toothbrush?
Ed Norton: I dunno.
Ralph Kramden: What do you mean you don't know?
Ed Norton: Well, you got a red toothbrush and I got a red toothbrush. They was layin' side by side and I didn't know which was which, so I just went, "Eeeny, meeny, miney, mo."
Ralph Kramden: [holds up toothbrush] Is this Mo?
Ed Norton: [looks at toothbrush] Yep, that's Mo all right.
Ralph Kramden: Well, for your information, Mo happens to be my toothbrush.
Ed Norton: Oh, I was wonderin' why there was somethin' familiar about Miney.
Enjoy your adventures in your walk, keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net