Monday, October 8, 2012

Walking in the State parks

Easy to walk with 97 to go
Had lunch at Starve Rock State Park. The lodge there is mindful of the great lodges out west. Walked nearly 10,000 steps there. Climbed alot of steps. Pictured is Barb on a walk in Matthenson State Park near by. We went walking with my good friend Chuck Balbinot.
In the lodge they had a nice fire going. People were playing board games and some were reading. The lunch was good to boot.
Because of the fall colors and nice day the parks were loaded with hikers. Hikes and walks in the sunny days of October, can't beat it.
Today this post contains three and four on my way to 100 walk pictures. Please send me your walk picture and share the joy of walking.
Barb baked sweet potato pie from our garden, she got the recipe from Ruth Howard and it was goooood!
Went to a Bourge Identity movie with my friend Ken, the movie took us to the Philippines.
Hardly needed the walking stick on this trail
great for my balance 96 to go
I walked with my hiking stick, came in handy at a few points. The light filtering through the golden leaves was awesome. Years ago I went with a walk with Mark Huber and the light filter that day still stays with me some 40 years later.
Yesterday I was with another friend who has the same eye disease  I have. He will soon have a cornea transplant. He shared with me his experience with it. The good news is the operation improves the eye sight. How precious it is to see. My eyes is still OK, but if I live into my 70's I will need the transplant as well. The pain of the disease is not pleasant, but hope of good vision is very encouraging indeed. He shared with me that a better diet helped his eyes for  awhile.
It has been a full day. Thank you Lord. Keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net