Sunday, October 21, 2012

Being comfortable in our skin, Ain't easy

Aboard the Missouri, and I could pass up the pose. When it comes to aging
don't you think it is OK to fight it a little. What do you think?
Are we comfortable in our skin? At the age of 60 my skin has replaced itself 8 1/2 times.  I was feeling my grandson's skin at 22 months and his is smooth and soft. My skin by contrast a little more weathered.
One of the blogs I follow, Already Pretty by Sally McGraw explores fashion no matter what body type. Her blog is feminine and the opposite of me, but her message is a good one. I have met too many beautiful gals who thought different of themselves.
When it comes to fitness, I think it is first, it is about our health and well being. If I was younger I probably weigh in how one looks. Do I think that because I've given up on my youthful looks? Probably, but am I comfortable in my skin? To be honest, I think I am working on that one.
A few things  can say is I am feeling more fit than 8 weeks ago. Almost daily push ups, squats and sit ups are working. Being active at work and watching what I eat is a part of it also. Doing right things has the benefit of not doing what is harmful.
About my skin so different from Liam's, accepting growing old. Part of it I think it is good to work at and fight it. I don't think it should be easy. Aging is iinevitable so I think we should be realistic but give in? Walking and diet, working on social, spiritual, mental issues I think is healthy to work at. Continue to live and not give up but accept how we look and feel. How is that different from accepting fashion for any size? Sally McGraw is right for those struggling with body image.  Mystery writer the late Robert Parker would say, that is a shrink question? In therapy maybe the ultimate goal is dealing with loss. Ultimately loss is our struggle with death. Long before shrinks aging has been a problem.
For me I have to understand "my skin" with eternity in view. Paul wrote in Romans 8:22, "For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers together until now." That groaning is part of my aging. Life on earth after the fall was never meant forever. My life continues after physical death, where it is spent depends on my coming to faith in Christ while I live on this planet. Finding peace with God is huge in how I feel in my skin. You can check my page on a relationship with God.
Saying this, I still struggle with "my skin". I know my time to be with the Lord in heaven is not yet. So I walk, exercise, see my doctor, change my diet to continue to live an active fuller life. I'm working on it. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net