Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hey through it all, there is still a joy of discovery

Hey through it all, there is still a joy of discovery
Last night I the preface C.S. Lewis wrote in 1961 to The Screwtape Letters on page X he shares the devil is more likely to work in management or an administration than the "den of crimes" Dickens wrote about. It may be easy for us to infer some political connection to the opposite party one may hold. But I think it is more useful for us to see the devil's hand in any administration, political, business or church. Reading this extended preface I was once again encouraged following his argument. Lewis knew The Screwtape Letters by 1961 had large sales, but he wondered if life the Bible people owned a copy but did not read it.
In the Bible I am reading through Jeremiah in the NIV. It is my 12th time through the Old Testament. I have lost count on the New Testament. The freshness of the Bible never wears out for me. Like any good book or author, reading is he key to it. We may be impressed with a shelve of good books but that doesn't replace the reading of it.
The "Joy of Discovery" is done with be treated for depression and anxiety. Both battles have lifted, but anxiety that I have still needs medicine. My body needs to walk and exercise and eat healthier. Like others both my wife and I have concerns about our future employment. In front of us is the question can God who has cared for us to this point, will He care for us in our cares down the road. I don't mind telling you faith is always tested.
Praying for the little guy tonight
Experience is somewhat of a help as we recall other times of need. Faith adds to it and acquires over time experience with the Lord caring for us. We can recall times when we learned an applied truth from God's Word. We can look back on answered prayer and pray again. In some ways the issues are big because with age comes health and our mortality. But it wasn't any bigger than when our children were small and kept us up at night when they were sick. When my grandson very quickly fell into a life and death situation. Tonight little Liam has croup, I can hear him as I write. (Lord help him) So I look ahead and present and pray. I think this is what walking with the fat man is all about. There is still a joy in discovery, but our paths are often filled with challenges and burdens. Keep walking   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net