Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I am tired tonight, need a refuge

Th Lord is my refuge, but Barb is more than I
deserve
Ps. 57:1 "Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, until the destroying storms pass by." When we walk in nature hikes sometimes a storm comes up and if we get time we look for a shelter to be protected until the storm passes. Some of these walks are refuges for wildlife and plants in themselves. Their refuge is from our interests that don't care about the habitat or wildlife that goes against development. As I walk trails preserved in urban development I am thankful for those who foresaw we needed such areas.  Probably every generation will have to fight for these protected areas.
Tonight, I am thinking of our own need to find a quiet place where we can take a personal refuge. All over our planet are many in danger with their health or harm from others and we need a time of safety and care. David writing crys' out to God to save him and protect him until the danger passes. In verse 3, God sends His loving kind, need are love and truth to be the basis for the shelter He provides. For us it may be medical  knowledge or protection from evil. My cousin has been fighting for his life with cancer. his health has improved, but the fight continues. Prayers are urgent and real.
The Lord is our Rock
For me I am just tired and needed a nap. Before I go to bed I will take a little refuge with the Lord. My room is quiet, I can hear the reassuring night sounds from the river and railway tracks. My Bible is opened to Ps. 57, my iPhone plays wonderful music. Yet in my city there are people in pain, abused and in fear tonight. A young man who was in my classes the last few years was shot and killed. He was a good kid to me. His family is in pain. The human willingness to take up a gun to use against one made in the image of the Lord, don't we see the evil in it. Lord be merciful to me as I take refuge in you. I am glad I have a shelter. I have added  few more pictures to my friends of people smiling on me. It is a good thought as I go to bed. I add 2 sit ups for each picture.
My walk was indoors today. With my nap it was a little late for a night walk. Where is your refuge? Sometimes it is the strength of my wife and kids. Many of you will find your kids will be a rock for you. As you were for your parents. I had 10 minutes with my son tonight. It was a refuge. He is a good man.  Keep walking
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net