Monday, October 15, 2012

A walk can make a day better

Walking today looking at the beautiful blue sky and fall foliage set on a pond, with a cool gentle breeze made it easy for a thee mile hike. My ankle had no pain and as I stretched out my muscles after the walk breathing in the fresh air it was easy to be grateful. Getting over 12,000 steps no problem. Colder weather will come and shorter days. Getting in my walks will be more indoors, but I don't want to talk about that yet. Today was a good day.
For lunch I sat outside at our campus listening to one of my favorite Bible teachers. There were kids with their cameras they put together in Photography class. A delivery truck, teachers walking to their classes. Before I went in I did my 20 push ups. It is getting easier to do them. Not to bad for 60.
Hunter and His dad fishing
I hope you had a good day. I was reading a few blogs of walkers around the US. It seems they enjoyed their walks and days too. Fitting in a walk seems to be a good habit to build many good experiences.
Maybe by now you know I am a mystery buff. I am reading new stories of Sherlock Holmes and another Robert Parker's Spencer series. Parker's humor wins the day for me. I have a serious side in my readings that explore wartime's post traumatic stress and related abuse and depression and anxiety. I was fascinated with the personal struggles of these things when I was in group therapy. Mysteries that I enjoy take me to another place or time just for the fun of it.
Well I am hearing the night trains and river barges. These sounds have  good effect on me, it was a good day.
Looking forward to your pictures of your walks. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net