Sunday, March 3, 2013

Using the net along way

Have you woke up one day and feeling great and then something unexpected happens and pow, everything changes? I was walking out to the car  and put my have a sac in the backseat and then moved to the front door whew I did the splits like a gymnast or a cheerleader. There is no way I can do he splits without feeling drawn and quartered. Well 10 days later most of my muscles have recovered, my knees are stubborn. Walking and stretching really help.
Often people mention the negative aspects of the Internet or computers but there is so much that is good. The other night I listened to great music from Pandora typing in the singing of George Beverly Shea, went to Bible Gate way and listened to a dramatic reading of the book of Colossians and ended my meditation with a study from J. Vernon McGee. thoughts and prayers went up along the way. Similar use of a smart phone can be applied for a walk. I have discovered along the way simple reaffirming truths are often the best. King David writes,

A Pilgrim Song

131 God, I’m not trying to rule the roost,
I don’t want to be king of the mountain.
I haven’t meddled where I have no business
or fantasized grandiose plans.
2 I’ve kept my feet on the ground,
I’ve cultivated a quiet heart.
Like a baby content in its mother’s arms,
my soul is a baby content.
3 Wait, Israel, for God. Wait with hope.
Hope now; hope always!
 Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net