Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Count each day as precious

Possible site of the Sermon on the Mount
I was talking to a friend tonight and he shared this is the first winter he felt cold. He felt it is no wonder people move to Florida or Arizona. I was reading an article about frailty discussing the Pope's retirement and care. Living to 85 isn't to bad before one retires. In Psalm 90, written by Moses is a Psalm on our aging. Life on the third rock from the sun has its limits. Walking, strength training and stretching Research tells us can give us more of our years where we are living healthy. Good medical care and nutrition make a big difference along the way. Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." Number can be translated consider, reckon, count, the idea being since our time is short, each day counts. Te heart of wisdom is living wisely according to God's point of view. Learning and applying principles in God's word takes a life time of discovery. There are things I am learning at 60 like it is all still so new to me. Each day I have is an opportunity to embrace the moment; to put into experience love, joy, peace...; to care for those God sends my way. Walking only helps me to do it better. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net