Thursday, February 14, 2013

Riding the pain of panic disorder - Mental Health

Well I am finally in the day program for therapy. I have learn in the past ways to distract myself while coping with anxiety, now I believe I will have to also learn to ride the emotion out even when painful. My experience tells me not everything is solved by medication. I believe I have brain issues that need medication, but medication won't be enough alone.
If I can make a comparision to arthritis in my neck and shoulders from the thousands of falls I have had in my life, pain medicine can only do so much. I also had to use physical therapy to help control the pain. PT really helped with pain. The medicine I use for pain also helps. Together I can move and sleep almost pain free.
Anxiety resulting from biological causes and post traumatic stress and other issues will take a combination of strategies. Insomnia as well will need me to get involves with the disciplines I will need to sleep better. Working with the pain of it is unavoidable. The PTS gives a low tolerance for such pain but, I have to learn how to better go through it.  As I see it that is what is before me.
Tonight I worked out with weights and the total gym. One day at a time, keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net