Saturday, February 9, 2013

Abundant life, living to the max, cool


Vi
I think of my dad
I read C. I. Scofield's thoughts on living larger as a Christian, "New Life in Christ" pp.56-66. You can download this book from the Internet, worth reading. We all want the freedom to live life to the fullest. Jesus said, "John 10:10 The thief comes only so that he can steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, and have it abundantly." I came to believe this some 41 yards ago and I have to tell you the truth of it has been tested. There are small minded Christians out there who want to squeeze you in their mold. Also the world wants to do the same thing, Romans 12:1,2. There is a lot of conformity Among us.
I love the night sky, the ocean, the mountains I suppose for the same reason, they do reminders for me that God is big both in design and purpose. Regardless of my condition or state it is good to keep company with Jesus, Paul, Peter, Moses, David, to read good books, have good friends, enjoy art, music. Greatness has no company with meanness, pettiness, ritual and man made philosophy or religion. Keep company with the best and most of all our God and creator.
It is good as I work to control my fears to remind myself I am a child of God. Regardless of my condition or circumstances I am in his family and it is an eternal relationship. Jesus came from humble beginnings and lived in a small unknown place, we learn how petty the people were who lived there but Jesus lived great, as a carpenter caring for His family. I can do that, keep company with Him.
To live great it is a good idea to be involved in the Lord's work. It will have a way to complete purpose in my life and I can always do something as I get older. Let others give themselves to the politics of being the boss. They don't get it, Jesus said, let him who serves be great. Thanks Dr. Scofield for thoughts on living large, keep walkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net