Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The fat man is getting focus

One thing about walking with the fat man is the fact I am still fat. Granted I have been improving again, but for the record I haven't been on a rash course. Change long term is hard. Fitness aerobically, strength train and flexibility it is a marathon not a sprint.
One thing I have added that I have wrote about several times is my old man workouts. 20 push-ups, 24 sit-ups, 20 reverse crunches, 20 squats. Then three days a week I add a weight program using free weights, resistant bands and a total gym. My strength has improved. My body really needs that 20 to 30 minute walk. I have fallen somewhat in my 10,000 steps a day.
It is too easy for me to give in to a variety of snacks. I don't just eat a few. I eat healthy meals and fruits and veggies, but woe is me over junk. It is probably a shrink question or something solved at Hogwarts.
My son's friend's father was waked tonight. He was near tears. I drew him aside and related to him how waves of emotion would hit me for nearly three weeks when my father died. He shared similar experience. I encouraged him to grieve and take time with it. I still have a cup of coffee with my dad every Saturday morning after 18 years. He used to come over every Saturday
and have coffee as we planned house remodeling at his place or mine. We played catch when I was a kid and those two times were the best. I listened for a time and we hugged.
In my son's wedding this lad and my son and two other close friends all betted when I would cry. Well I did, and it ok to cry and weep in good and bad times. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net