Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Return to tennis, once again

On the Missouri and the kid in me couldn't resist
Sometimes we have to fight the good fight when it comes to health. When we are younger we have to stick to our fitness routine to get in shape. Maybe part of the motivation is a sport or to increase our strength, size for defense or sex appeal. Thinking in terms of quality of life I think comes a little later, unless we are over or under weight. If you have a fitness goal link it to a vacation, water sports, hiking in the mountains, challenging experiences can be part of a vacation.
I have recently decided to challenge my self to get fit again to play tennis. I have many fond memories of 5 set matches and running all day in 90 degree heat. I'm not there now so I will shoot for a couple of sets. Tennis fitness at my age may be gained by aerobic walking followed by short walks and run interval. My first stage is to walk aerobically, then when spring comes do some hitting of the backboard. An hour on a backboard is like six hours of playing. So it will start out with 10 minute workouts and a 5 minutes a week to 20 to 30 minutes. By then I will see if I am up to interval running and walking. By may I should be ready for play. Throughout all of this I plan to listen to my body. I am also not going to dive, run down super shots or strive to win. As I lose weight and improve conditioning I will expand my game but no dives. I also with pay attention to balance and rememberer playing is for fun and health. putting a sport out there may challenged me toward better health goals. And it will b fun. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net