Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The goal of health is harder as we get older but going for it....

Here is an idea I have been working with the goal of being like Jesus and being perfect is not a human possibility in this life. The goal of being like Jesus and moving that direction is. Having the high goal  will help us experience many wonderful things in our life we would not hve experienced if we didn't give it a try. Paul sets it out in Phillippians 3:12   Not that I have already reached the goal or am already fully mature, but I make every effort to take hold of it because I also have been taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 13   Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and reaching forward to what is ahead, 14   I pursue as my goal the prize promised by God's heavenly call in Christ Jesus.   15   Therefore, all who are mature should think this way. And if you think differently about anything, God will reveal this also to you.
God's goal for each of us is to mature and become like Christ. How that works in us is unique to us and no two believes are alike. We strive to reach it but we will never do this in this life time. The progress is made by keeping our focus on being like Jesus and fully living the moment dependent on His Spirit, ready to obey some principle He has revealed to you in His word, ready to do for Him in love. Why do you follow His goal for your life because He loves you and you love Him. Caught up in the love of it the burden is light.
Some new guys on the team make all the difference
The Black Hawks are breezing through their games, there goal is to play the perfect game. They say they haven't done that yet. They love it and it is easy to love something when you are winning. Have you noticed players who love the game even in a loss. The love of game is what makes most great players.
So we have a goal to get to a healthy weight. Maybe we have a goal to walk 10,000 steps or walk a thirty minute aerobic walk. Maybe we have the goal to strength train an get stronger even though we are 60 or older. Maybe we have a goal to eat better so that we feel better and improve our overall health. These goals don't get easier when we get older, in fact, they get harder and perfection will not be reached. Working towards the goal gets us closer than we could imagine when we love it and keep our focus on the moment and the day.
I have to be honest with you, I must lead the way in how many ways I blow it. Diet, walking, exercise I have made mistakes and have had setbacks to make it easy to quit. I haven't yet, because I love what walking does for me and I love the walk. I love when I eat right and how it makes me feel. I love to move with out pain and I Love to be able to still work and play some sports. The bottom line is I still love life. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net