Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rehabing my knees

The past week I have been using my exercise bike to rehab an injury. I started with 20 minute routines. As each day passed my pain in my knees improved. That is easily 2000 steps since I started at an easy pace. Added to it is a bunch a short walks again thinking of the range of motion. Moving helps my body heal and keeps me ready to walk. As I heal I will increase the intensity and minutes. One fellow I know swims for fitness. Running, walking, cycling, swimming are all good. Using a timer and watching TV helps with indoor biking.
My old guy workout of push ups, sit ups, squats, and resistant bands helps too. Gentle stretches a must. Stretching the hamstrings and quads and giving my self 6 weeks to recover. The bike takes the impact out of it and works on range of motion. Have an injury check in with your doctor and be patient. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net