Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thanks and thinking on the art of caregiving


Thank you fellow companions who journeyed with me to a place of emotional recovery and consistent sleep. Each of you has your own worthwhile journeys and it was encouraging to see your progress. Thank you therapists and Dr. who gave your time and talents to support me to a better place. Big thanks for my friends and colleagues at work who gave me a nice welcome back. My biggest thanks go to Barb who as always is unbelievable in her love and support to this old guy. There would have been little healing without her.

Along with walking and health I have been reading about care and caregivers to those who age and need support. Assisted living can be improved through help with mobility and outside the box thinking. Many who need care can continue their passions of reading, movies, music and pursuits and interests. Training the people who care for them and support we can do better. Connecting family and community with those needing assisted living can all improve living. Back in the day we gave our young people some purpose with Peace Corp and missions. Our world has gotten more unstable, but what if we connected young people to use their energy and talents to improve the lives of those needed extra care. Real life experience beats a virtual world any day.

I hope to explore the idea of walking and aging. I would love to hear from you about the problems and solutions for those who age. For now take a walk and let’s see where that takes us. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net