Saturday, March 9, 2013

both sides now

I have been on both sides now, helping the mentally ill and dealing with my own Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety and depression. I remember in my youth caring for all kinds of emotional pain. One thing I can say I cared and never back down from events that can be scary. I protected people and went the extra mile. Some of the best work I did was in those 7 years. There are people alive today because of my effort. I would stay with people scared out of their heads all night. Many had support wear  away and were lonely and lost. I tried to comfort their fears as best I could, but at 55 I learned myself those irrational fears and depressed distortions putting me in a dark place. My strength and skills reduced the burden of others.
It is a lot of work to deal with a mental illness. Like Cancer, and heart problems it takes what the Doctor can do and what we can learn to do in our own treatment for good give up outcomes. It is the same in mental illness.People giving it a shot support then. People give up reach and give them hope.I have seen hundreds of people struggle with mental heath, they are worth our help.Panic fears are real. keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net