Thursday, March 28, 2013

Adding Variety in our workouts

the Real Rocky
With the kids moved out I am setting up my body bag for boxing workouts. I have already included shadowing boxing imitating working on a speed bag like I used to do as a kid, my plan is to simulate three 3 minute rounds. I've been doing one round  this week. I let you know on my progress. Reading Robert Parker Spencer books are rubbing off on me. Spencer and Hawk do all these old fashion workouts at Henry's gym. Another move I am adding to my old man work out is walking up four flights of stairs in my day. I don't do them yet all at once yet but I will work at it.
My old man workout now includes these four things everyday:
  1. Push-ups from two chairs or bench - 20 reps up to two sets
  2. Sit-ups off the bed - 20 reps up to two sets
  3. Squats off the bed or chair - 20 reps up to two sets
  4. 4 to 6 flights of stairs throughout the day - this will improve
Resistant training and boxing workouts two to three times a week
Daily walking or biking
shores and garden
I am reminded that exercise can include a lot of things we enjoy. We are made to move and
remember as we age we need aerobics, strength and flexibility.
The Eye of the Tiger from Rocky we can hear in the background. In Rocky 8 we will see Rocky in the assisted living home verses Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest. Keep Walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net