Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sometimes we get sick - think and do what you can

It is hard to write a blog coming down with a respiratory virus. One thing I tried to do was to drink alot of fluids and load up on fruits, veggie soups, hot tea. Last night fever and coughing spasms. It is easy to get discouraged when sick and losing sleep. To keep my attitude positive  I used music to take my mind off my coughing and spent my time with brief reading and devotions. I also did some brief walking around the house to help breathe a little deeper. Rest plays into this and that isn't easy when it hurts to breathe.
I feel a little better this morning. With a weaker immune system, I've noticed aches and pains in the joints.Nothing helps joints like water. Check in with Real Age or Mayo Clinic for things to do when flu and colds visit us. Doing things that help us gives us a more positive outlook.
Drink or eat more fluids.
Oatmeal and nuts and fruits
Soup is good
It is a little harder to recover as we age but keep in mind we do get better (go to know when temperature goes up and aches increase)
Take it easy, everything is a little harder when sick
go for small walks to boost ease of moment and immune system rest is first, walking is more relaxed
Sometimes we have deal with symptoms as best we can, A cold is easier to keep hydrated. Keep your spirits up, and prayer doesn't hurt also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net