Sunday, December 16, 2012

Hard issues like a moutain path easy to slip

NET©73:2 But as for me, my feet almost slipped;
my feet almost slid out from under me.
 One of the passions I have pursued the past seven years is to understand abuse not only in my life, but in others in need to understand their story and move on with their lives less painfully. The shootings Friday are the most base of abuse to those killed. The families will take lifetimes healing. It is too early to see how abuse may have factored into Adam's life. For all I know it may not be a factor. Each of these insane attacks gives us a look into why it happens and what we can do in response.
The onset of adult life and mental illness we have to find ways to help families suffering. Mental illness won't go away. If we choose to own a gun we must secure the gun from those in our families who are suffering from mental illness or disability. If we can not make the gun secure than we should remove the gun from our homes. There are many who own guns and secure them. If our children or young adults suffer from illnesses that impair their judgement then we must take extra steps.
Family insights vary but usually families know there is something not right. If there is a problem secure the gun, if it it still a threat than remove the gun.
Can we prevent family owned guns for murderous intent? No. But can we help a family whose children are at risk because of disability or illness? Can moms and dads make their home safer for their children who suffer from mental illness or a disability that impairs judgement? Can we treat one Adam and prevent a suicide and murder?
I believe this will happen many times what we saw on Friday. We have figured out that drinking and driving don't mix. People still do it, but many choose to designate a safe driver. There are options people are choosing rather than drink and drive. Guns and mental illness don't mix either. Other options can be chosen. Seeking safe interventions for our young people, removing guns if we have too, Tonight I am walking to end abuse and the evil it spawns. Weigh in on this. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net