Friday, December 21, 2012

The fat man's Christmas card


Am I lucky or what
Merry Christmas from us to you
J.R. Miller

I cannot do it alone;
The waves surge fast and high.
And the fogs close around,
the light goes out in the sky;
But I know that we two
Will win in the end,
Jesus and I.

Cowardly, wayward, and weak.
I change with the changing sky;
Today so eager and bright,
Tomorrow too weak to try;
But He never gives in.
So we two will win,
Jesus and I.

I could not guide it myself,
My boat on life's wild sea;
There's One who sits by my side,
Who pulls and steers with me.
And I know that we two,
Will safe enter port,
Jesus and I.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,


In our politically correct world we live in we have entered a time where we almost apologize when we wish each other Merry Christmas. “Have a happy winter break.” How silly we are?

No, I am thinking Merry Christmas with the baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Throw in some shepherds, angels, animals and a star. Taken as a whole, I give thanks for the One who came to die to bring peace between us and God. I am all for the idea of love God and your neighbor as yourself.  Give gifts, Celebrate, have a feast. Enjoy family; maybe simplify Christmas gifts and meal to really just enjoy one another. Are you alone? Get together with other alone people you know, have an alone Christmas gathering. My gift to you this year is this poem written by J. R. Miller. The gift is to be read when you need it at a time most in need and dark and remember you are not alone.

Love in the Lamb,

Bill and Barb

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net