Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thankful to friends and family - key to long life

Diane Winter's backyard, what a pleasant place for a
devotion and reflection, or to get lost in thought.
One of the elements cited to live a long life is to be socially active. Many centenarians share regular talks with family. With growing technology we can talk to our love ones face to face right on our computers and now cell phones. These technologies will only get better. The key will be our willingness to build relationships in our families and friends. Growing research suggest we give it a go. It actually adds time to our lives. We will be able to share our trips and highlights right on location.
Had a nice evening with my wife's family tonight. Holiday experiences walking happens later at night for me. Dr. Ken Cooper had a TV program a few years back and sometimes it is a good idea to walk the dog or do an indoor walk for a mile. Even a stroll can be helpful. A walk can also help with holiday stress.
I have enjoyed photos of the season shared on the Internet. I am glad to have connected with friends on facebook and email. I follow several blogs and fell like I have gotten to know a few more people. There are also websites that have encouraged me in health and spiritual things. I like on-line crossword puzzles, travel, art and entertainment options. If the net has gotten you down focus on how it can bring the stuff you like.
Well I am off for a mile indoor walk, then read a bit. The last couple of days I been up late. Keep walking
PS - I walked a mile off to my devos and read
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net