Monday, December 3, 2012

Nice hear from old friends

We had good shade for people as they waited to be treated.
I heard from Maggie today who with her husband George were very helpful to Barb and I in Africa. They had very practical advise on how to run a bush clinic. We charged 25 cents per patient and we able to pay for all our medicines with that revenue. If someone didn't have it we treated anyway. Our total budget was user $700.00 a month. Money they gave went for the medicine not us. We ran a clinic and school, paid for gas and food. When I came back to the states I had $1.00 in my pocket.
George was a WW2 pilot who had flown the highest ranked generals through an ice storm. George is with the Lord but Maggie and her daughter live in the Houston area. She is quite the lady.
Went and watched Skyfall over the weekend, the view of Scotland was cool. I don't think I want to walk in the tunnels under London. It be easy to get lost.
Here is another article on how exercise builds brain muscle. Keep walking

 http://healthmeup.com/news-buzz/exercise-mental-activity-vital-for-brain-health/17908

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net