Saturday, December 15, 2012

In light of today I feel helpless

MSG© 17:9 "The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out." Evil visited a school today, what a loss.
Today's events in Connecticut I have no words for. Murder of innocents shocks me.
NIV© 6:11 Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence.
There are many occasions all over our planet when people do harm to people. There always seems to be  no end of it. The Bible is often scorned and ridiculed because it gives record to our violent ways. The call for repentance is viewed as radical and old fashioned. But we really do need a change of heart. The young man's actions are insane, but there is more to it than that.
A school, a church, a home should be places of safety. When they are violated we see evil and sin out in the open. I know these words are old, but they ring true today.
I read a quote from Fred Rogers from his mother, "in times a tragedy look for the helpers." What a wise mother. No wonder Mr. Rogers was great with children. In Tolkin's trilogy Lord of the Rings, he chose hobbits, the smallest people to be the hero's in face of great evil. Today I feel small, what can I do in light of this evil that we seem unable to prevent. We see this murder copycatted and it strikes with little warning. The fact that it will happen again rips me apart.
I don't know any of the parents who lost their child, "weep with those who weep" pray, yes, but what? Please God help us turn from our violent ways, Please help those who weep and morn, I believe with all of my heart those little ones are with the Lord, but what a loss.
NRSV© 121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—from where will my help come? 121:2 My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth.
In my life I walk with God, a long time ago a dear friend shared a verse to me that I adopted as my life's verse, NASB© 6:8 "He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God?" Instead of finding ways to do harm to one another we should find ways to care for each other. I have been far from perfect, (which is silly to think anybody can be perfect,) least of all me, but I still look for ways to be kind and caring for the people in my life. Walking here is the habit or way of life. Tonight Look to the Lord and look for the helpers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net