Wednesday, September 19, 2012

man I hate making adjustments


It seems my current mental health may need an adjustment. I have had an opportunity to use my therapy, but I have had other things happening in my body. As far as I know there are no conflicts but our brains sometimes have their own mind. I never thought in my journey I would be free of problems. I am going for a checkup with my psychiatrist tomorrow. Barb and I talked about tonight and she listened and made a few suggestions. It was helpful. I also talked with my son as to how I was feeling. My significant people are a great support. I am going to return to readings and notes when I had these feeling before.

The last couple of days I came across three articles you may find of interest:

· The first article was a review of research about diabetes which suggest being thin may not be enough. On one hand there is the role of genes and on the other we may need to exercise and eat a healthy diet. Having weight may be OK if we have good heart health and are fit. Eating healthy portions and foods re still in our best interest. Read and see what you think.


· For you younger readers Cooper Aerobics has an article on middle age health where fitness pays big dividends toward longevity. Early starts to health pay off big time.


· Last year I got a bad case of the flu. This year I getting my shot. We know that a half hour walk boost our immune system. And we can walk with a cold but the article tells us we rest with a fever. Keep hydrated and give time to heal. Good advise on recovery to.

Read the articles, the more we are involved with good information, the more we are involved with our health. You get sick check in with your doctor. I have learned a lot about my mental health and I use what I learned, but I still need medical advice. "Physician heal yourself" in my case would be a bad idea. Keep walking.

ps. Not a bad blog for a guy dealing with anxiety and stuff. It is therapeutic in that it helps to write of it and stay upbeat. How did I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net