Thursday, September 6, 2012

Can their new dirms

The quote comes from Meier Clinics, C.S. Lewis lived to thee age of 65. He was still writing and having an impact on his world. I have read nearly all his writings and my favorite time to read Lewis is in the winter under a comfortor drinking a hot drink. He died the same day John F. Kennedy and Aldous Huxley died, November 22, 1963. If anything Lewis gets me thinking. I come across hundreds of posters every day and most of them are trying to say something inspirational. "You are never to old to set another goal or dream a new dream." A worthy quote.
I am now a few years younger than Lewis, so if Lewis wouldn't mind I like to pick up a pint and toss the idea around. Lewis loved to debate in the pub and argue with students.
When you get older many of your dreams have and goals have been thwarted and beaten down. To top it off you have had health setbacks and relationships gone arye. Robert Parker's Jessie Stone goes to therapy with an excop therapist. For Stone therapy is hard and slow moving. His therapist or Jessie will both say "why is this so hard." After a year in therapy I believe it is hard. Picking my self up again and set a new goal I believe is harder when you are older. I would love to be a better writer but I don't have Lewis' mind or talent. Failing a few goals and seeing dreams fade our hearts get a little harder. My mind fights Lewis's quote but as it do I have  an alternate plan of action. Now that would be indeed thinking. Sadly  realize  I am one of Token's hobbits who really enjoys a pint. Hob its don't dream beyond their shire and as best as a son of Adam I would be well pleased to live a simple dream in the moment and be content. Lewis would have been all over me and my grade I am afraid would be low.  Great dreams come out of great conflicts.  Great dreams come out of almost painful thinking or the take a turn and come easy, all of once.
Any way in your 60's, 70's, and 80's there is a time to dream and make new goals. This is the stuff that makes retirement work. Get a pint and argue with Lewis. It is hard but there are dreams and goals to reach for.
The pint was good. Today I walked 12000 steps  and feet felt good. I am doing my best to say setting goals and dreams when you are old. can I share it i alright to argue with Lewis.. The more you know him the harder it will be. But in the end you will have a doable gaol and dream. Keep walking
My dream today was taking a mile and a hafe-walk to school. I walked for lunch and later did the dinner dishes. Baby steps sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net