Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Great website for Bible study and exercise and aging

OK Walking won't make me young again, but what it does
ain't bad
I was listening to a recording of Lewis Perry Chafer in a series on the study of He Who is Spiritual, also a title of a book he wrote back in 1918. The lectures were given sometime before his death in the early 50's. Included in the lectures is an update on the subject, which basic notes can be found in Chafer's 8 volumes systematic theology. The personal antidotes and perspective of an older man I find of interest. With his writings the study is well worth the serious student of Scriptures. Visit http://www.raystedman.org/chafer/
Go to http://www.raystedman.org/complete-library and you can get access to a life time of a very good pastor, Ray Stedman. If you like good bible study, this site is outstanding.
Dr. Chafer talks of people telling you to to live a good life, he teaches how. As you listen to the audio you can hear the age in voice.
Walking with the fat man our subject matter is basically about my experience and learning how to live more healthy. What is the impact of walking, healthy diet on my life and how does my experience benefit you in your journey of better health. Usually once a week I share how walking with God impacts my life and health. The stereotype is usually spirituality is counter productive to healthy living. Fanaticism and extremism and control makes people skeptical. On every blog I invite you to share your opinion, but I don't think many feel comfortable with that. I hope you find my blog safe to think and check out. I love giving you websites you can check out. My biggest hope is you find all of this helpful.
It sure helps to take walks all day at work and do my workouts at home. Resistant workouts can be 100 steps per minute in walk conversion. As we get older we really need them. In aging we lose muscle and bone, resistance helps us to slow down the loss or actually add muscle and bone. I am invested in it because of my handicap and my tendency to fall. Falls are huge in our health as we age. I know how they have hurt my friends and family as they aged. So I walk and workout. Is it my personality to fight back? I think so, but it is also based on science and research that points out it works.
Resistant training along with walking makes my joints and muscles feel better. We were made to move. How does walking help you? How does resistant training help you? Both activities can be added to your life as you move toward retirement or are retired. A half hour walk and a 10 minute workout - what a difference. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net