Saturday, September 8, 2012

Follow up on circuit training and thoughts about heredity

I am finding the circuit training very practical. Rotating a strength move with one of four basic moves in Leslie Sansone in home walking is very doable in a small space. You can use exercises that come with a resistance band or weight training routine. Working on a routine to build up to 30 minutes can be very helpful in a fitness program. As we get older strength training gets more important for our physical independence. The ability to do the work of our daily life can extend into older years. There have been studies strength training puts muscle on our bodies into our 90's. I am sure we will look better but more tan ta we will feel better and iwth our bodies moving we can slow down the decline in our aging.
Getting in my 10,000 steps comes from moving throughout the day and my walking and fitness I do later when I get home.
One of my friends shared her mother's picture. I had to take a double take because I thought it was my friend. Thinking about the resemblance I was thinking how our health is determined along heredity lines. Some of my health issues have heredity evidence. I think that can be discouraging and fatalistic. My course of action has been what can sound medical support and life style changes of diet and exercise hold off what our genes are inclined to be. I am thinking of heredity in a negative way, but there is also the possibility I did not inherit every bad out come. It is very possible some of my genes are in my favor. I have some of my relatives die early but others died in their 80's and 90's. One relative in the 19th century lived 115 years.
We can not control who we are but we can control our choices. So today let's take a walk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net