Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9-11 remembered

The event of 9-11 from above
I have my own memories of 9-11 and I can recall where I was at and what I was doing. I also remember what I was doing on 11-22-63; I  was playing flag football at my grade school. It was warm day for November and the skies where blue. We listened on the radio what was going on and I remember watching the events that unfolded then. Evil's insanity was at play in both events. The loss of lives can never be atoned for in this life, nor the loss of loved ones on those events.
We seen evil on that day and we will see it again. That breaks my heart.
9-11 for me also brings into focus those who put them selves in harm way for others. Some lost their lives doing so. I am glad for those who serve and protect not just in my country but those across the globe. Walking as we do requires the need of others to face evil so that we have the freedom for a simple walk. I have lived in other countries and I am glad for their police and armed forces which gave order for me to be there. Many times police officers gave friendly service to me a foreigner in their country. For the record, I also have received kindness from friends and strangers in Islamic homes and neighborhoods.
Damascus Gate in Jerusalem
Will there be peace in the Middle East? Probably not. If there ever is peace then humanity has learned from 9-11. But I am afraid evil is still to be found.
When you are out for a walk, what gives you security in your walk? Isn't it nice to walk not in a state of fear. One thing I like about indoor walking with Leslie Sansone is you can walk in the security of your own house. Walking with friend and in the day time gives better security. Being on a trail with lots of walkers is good too. One of the best things you can do is be aware and make good eye contact with others. For me it is good to exorcise my freedom by walking for health. Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net