Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thunderstorms to be respected and in awe, Like life

It is amazing that lightening puts nitrogen in the soil.
I am watching a thunderstorm as it passes by. The power of lightening is awesome. I suppose I was introduced to the speed of sound by counting the seconds from lightening spotted and when the sound of thunder hitting my ears. Being outside in a thunderstorm puts you face to face with forces way beyond puny little self. In my home, I feel safe but I am glad for battery power in my laptop. I remember walking once in a thunderstorm. What ever reason I thought to do so, wasn't a good one. That was over 25 years ago and I am still glad grace was given to someone who knew better. Another time on a hike bad weather hit and this time I squatted to make my self the lowest target possible. Respect and awe can be a good thing.
Taking time to walk and care for the life we were given has been my growing concern. Like walking in a city full of trees in that earlier thunderstorm, I have done foolish things. I am not sure you can live 60 years and not do stupid things to your health. Consider Ps. 139:14a, "I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;" We should be awestruck at how we were created. "Fear" carries with it the idea of respect. Viewing a storm in the safety of a shelter can be beautiful. Seeing life now is beautiful to me. Oh I am past the time of life in my prime, when someone could photograph me or draw me because I looked good. But life itself is precious and worth each day. Today I made some good choices and it comes out of respect and awe. 
My thoughts spur not regrets but present action. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net