Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taking care of colon health....God and me ain't wrong, girls you are worth walking


Real people walking are beautiful just
as they are
Well it is time for my colostomy this weekend. The fat man waking started with a checkup. Unlike a very funny episode about tree friends taking a special trip to Palm Springs where they thought they would have a good time in Men of a Certain Age, I know better. Why do we laugh at bathroom behavior? I guess we never really leave 7th grade. The episode was very funny. There are risks and nobody I know likes to have their system cleared out. I have had four polyps removed and it worth going through it if I can prevent colon cancer. In the show Ray has a friend being treated for colon cancer. If we can prevent something why not?
I will say I have ate less fatty food and more fruits and  vegetables.
On a completely different subject, I just read a study done in the UK about women not exorcising outdoors after the age of 30 due to poor body image. The survey also revealed a tendency for older women to retreat and become loners. When we look  at health articles and ads for exercise who is pictured? Almost exclusively beautiful women with very slender figures. The very articles which seek to get us moving use images that may discourage us if we are over weight. What can I say? I am a guy and I can't experience how a woman views their world.
Tonight I am going to step out on a limb a little bit. I do know something about changing from my 20's when I was an avid tennis player with a tennis body where today I am bald, overweight with wrinkles. I know longer like to wear a one piece bathing suit and at the gym I wear loose clothes. I am sorry but I won't wear a speedo or spandex. Guys who were robust like myself often when aging happens couldn't handle it. I don't know if I qualify girls, but I have seen women of different shapes and sizes and ages they are still pretty, beautiful, sexy through what ever changes they go through. Moving through your 30's (from my point of view still a teen) lol, 40's, 50's 60's and beyond is no time to draw back from life. Girls there are plenty of sudies that show this is the best time of life. Take a look at your peers, forget the media, they look just like you. Don't beat yourself up, you look OK! In fact, I would venture others would view you better than you do yourself. Remember there were only less than 1% that could wear spandex to begin with.
Carlyn walks for health as she
recovers
So join me in spirit and put on beautiful comfortable clothes and go for a walk. Here is the secret and I m giving it away for free, "walking, eating healthy, growing spiritually, growing as a person is real beauty." Doing what we can and move away from what ever that perfect image is can really be liberating. There is a strength in a woman that God gave that the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Women get things done and they show great courage daily.
Walk and be seen, you will feel better. The UK study pointed out how exercise helps fight depression and isolation. When you walk knees a little bent, shoulder blades back and head up looking at God's creation. Walk with a friend, walk with a dog. See the beautiful world around you. Pay attention to people your age and a little older. Look at the confident older walkers. Believe me .shapes and sizes and most have a smile on their face. Ladies feel how good you feel walking, you are beautiful.  Now I will give you a majority vote on the subject. I think you are beautiful and God thinks "you are fearfully and wonderfully made". God and me are a majority on this one and if any one else sees it our way, well they got good sense. Check out the article at http://psychcentral.com/news/2012/04/26/most-women-shy-away-from-outdoor-exercise/37851.html Keep walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net