Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moving again - Being connected

Isn't this a lovely painting by Corot. A Girl Reading...Inspired by what we read or who we talk to can really boost our health. What is she thinking about? I have no idea. What are you reading today?
It is the second day since I was discharged from the hospital. My day actually started the night before with an encouraging talk with a good friend and my daughter. I had a good night sleep and healthy meals surrounded by fruits and veggies. We are off this week due to spring break so it is a great week to recover. I felt stronger today so I got out dumbbells and went through a routine working my muscle groups. I did 20 push ups and a series of crunches. Ate lunch and drank water and a juice and the break was nice. After lunch went out to Rock Run and went for a walk. I started out easy and increased my pace. As I walked I enjoyed watching the geese and ducks and song birds along the way. The skies were overcast and the weather cool. I was ready to control how long I walked. At first my goal today was to walk a mile but as I walked along I felt pretty good so I walked 2 1/2 miles today. Worked up a nice sweat and stretched afterwards. Worked on papers for my future website and am sitting here feeling pretty good. I will do some gentle stretching later and move a little more around the house. Note to the reader getting out of the hospital and returning to your walking depends how sick you are and what your doctor and you think. Indoor walking may be a better option and how much you move is entirely based on what you are dealing with. Today I was ready to increase my blood circulation and take in fresh air. If I would have gotten tired I would have cut short my walking. On my agenda today is improving my health and taking in good food and water.


I can not tell you how much talking to my daughter and friend really boosted my mood. The blessings of being connected is priceless in walking in life. The technology of connecting with people on the web and cell phones, they are around us and after awhile blend into the frame work of our lives. I was thinking of older people I know who send out daily emails. One was political and another was religious. In their own ways they were trying to connect with others. But like life connections are made through interaction of give and take. It takes both listening and sharing. This blog I am practicing to write so that along with my website I can encourage people to move and walk. The daily experience falls into habit and routine but we begin to see the benefits of how we feel. Strength training, aerobics, flexibility with a good diet of nutritious food restore our health. Spirituality and fellowship that takes work too. Maybe the later is more important to health but I know it keeps me walking. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net