Thursday, March 10, 2011

Friendship and health - friends matter

I have been thinking about friends, friendships and what they me to my health and walking. Without the friendship of family, mates, and friends of faith and in the workplace where would we be? I have been surprised it is not the friends I have chosen but the ones who have chosen me that have taken me by surprise. Many I have chosen but few have responded. The ones who have shows the truth that love has to be returned and shared to be tasted. Love that is reciprocal is most satisfying.
A daughter who chooses to go out on a father daughter date, she loved it and I got a kiss on the cheek for it. I long lost friend who has chosen to open up her heart to me to explore a friendship for faith and family that is close and enduring. A friend who accepts me and challenges my thinking. Another who similar battles of health remains close. My dear wife who allows me to reach out to love ones of both sexes and trust me. Friends at work who care about me, friends at church who affirm our bond together. When I add them up It is I who has received and returned so little.
"The righteous should choose his friends carefully" Prov. 12:26
James Burkey a Kindred Spirit
A man who has friends must show himself friendly; but there is a friend that sticketh closer to a brother" Proverbs 18:24
John 15:15"No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."
Robert Louis Stevenson remarked "friends are a gift to you" Friends are equal but I suspect they are more than that. What do they have to do with health? They are are right in the middle of it. To each of my friends you have been born to through the ups and down and you have selected to remain. Bless you.
My cold have taken a turn for the worse today. My steps came mostly from work at 7,000 +. Tonight I have napped and rested. Posted a note or two and keep my phone ready. Friends have encouraged my steps and many have with me keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net