Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Walking and Attack the snack diet

I am still on the no snack diet. Meals are packed with taste and nutrition. Barb has lost 4 lbs as she has lent her total support by also not eating a variety of goodies at night. Talked with a life long friend of mine about some of dynamics I am attempting. He pointed out dealing with the emotional need of comfort food that has allot to do with it. Right now I am taking a break form snacking and giving myself some time to lower my weight. How I will deal with comfort food in the future I am not sure, but I hope to relearn my eating habits that will be filled with joy and moderation. Those lessons I will take up but today I want to leave the world of the obese and enter the world of a healthier body weight.
I do not know how I did it today, I walked 30+ minutes (15 minute a mile) before work and I did allot of walking in the classroom, helping kids. Teaching at the institute I walked over a thousand steps. I logged over 16,000 steps. Where did I get the energy? I still feel good at this time of posting the blog.
Part of my energy comes from the encouragement I get. We feed off the energy of our friends kind words and actions.
I took time to stretch my achilles heal and feet with a band I keep in my bag and using the steps to stretch the heal and tendon. For me a stretched body fights the fatigue my Cerebral Palsy gives me daily. Movement is good for my arthritis and CP. Relieves pain big time.
Dr. Ken Cooper turns 80 this week. He has been a mentor these past 5 years through his web site and books. Google his site and you will find a wealth of information that will bless you. Thank you doctor.
I am blessed with friends you I will never be able to repay. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net