Monday, March 7, 2011

Breaking need for comfort food - lost a bowling bowl

Had a good week. I ran three times this week and walked on off days. Saturday I ran two miles and was actually moving in my pace. My breathing was good where I could talk and yet aerobic. I will keep the distance the same for a while as I monitor my right ankle. In time I will push to three miles as my weight continues to go down and the stress on my ankle improves. Weighed my self and since started to lose weight a month ago I am down 17 lbs. In guy terms that is losing a bowling ball. I have lost 12 lbs in my attack the snack diet two weeks ago. That is allot of weight and I believe it is based on three factors. One I was eating way to many snacks. Two I am too heavy and the calories to maintain the heavy weight has been reduced. As my weight lowers I will slow down the loss. Three my exercise now is playing a factor. It is easy to out eat your exercise.
This week I have been on the phone more contacting friends. I also have reach out more to other people on the net. Included has been an effort to be more aware of family. I am working on a theory to get more involved with people than food. One thing I look for is things I can pray about and encourage others. If food is comfort and emotional then maybe social connection can be part of my break with food? Right now it is a theory. Little breaks from the TV maybe good for me at night. Reading for fun, writing, maybe sketching, listening to music all may help break the food connection late at night.
As always keep walking!

1 comment:

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net