Sunday, March 13, 2011

Encouragement - Coach George Legan

I remember as a freshman football player the head coach came over and kicked us in the seat of of our pants and blurted off a few choice words and went to another part of the field. We laughed and thought it was cool to be noticed. The abuse was almost a badge. When I played varsity under a different head coach who had high expectations and let us know what he thought but without the abuse. In private he showed a different side. He was a gentlemen and treated us with respect. His record was very good and we won and competed with the best. Years later he opened up to me his fears of playing me with my handicap and he told me he was proud to have me on the team. He did take a chance and put me in the game once and a while and I was always thankful I was part of the team. The kids made me feel that way too. I was far from a starter but I was a full member of the team. Even at reunions I take part in the stories that get better as time goes by.
Thanks for the encouragement Coach George Legan.
Affirming and encouraging others in this fitness for life and health may start with a wake up call from the doctor on health issues or not fitting into our clothes, but I think it progresses with encouragement, love and respect. We will have ups and downs but the habits of walking, strength training and flexibility will pay off big dividends as we feel better and even look better inside and out. Habits of fitness take some time to develop.
Eating smart where we put good food in moderation will pay off to. With each positive choice we make we can feel the difference. Today I was encouraged with new information concerning childhood trauma has on the feelings of working out. It gives me more awareness to be gentle and kind to those seeking to improve their health. The fat man is still Walking and on his attack the snack diet plan. Clothes are looser and 20 lbs leaner. Ups and downs but keep walking and you'll catch on be be on the team of good health. Keep walking

1 comment:

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net