Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weigh in day - Is it working

My I look tired, The flash closed my eyes
It has been two weeks since my last weigh in. I have lost 12 lbs from that weigh in. I have lost 28 lbs since I decided to lose weight and 20 lbs since I went attack the snack diet. One thing I did not do at the start of this is measure my self at the belly button. Men often fool themselves and me included by wearing their pants lower wearing a pant size smaller. Here is scary information, to reduce our risk of sudden death due to heart attack or stroke many doctors want us to have a waist size under 40 inches. So with tape in hand Barb measured and I have 8 inches to go to get to 39 inches. My goal is 36 inches and then I will check for what my BMI (body mass index) should be. Those of you doing the math on all this might be thinking Billy you are fat. And you are not far wrong. For those of you obese, the first 25 lbs you loose may be life saving.
I am encouraged by two things, walking works to keep a fat man healthier. All of my health numbers have been better since I started walking, blood sugar, good and bad cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, and number of the things my Doctor looks at. My attack the snack diet has targeted my problem area which is comfort food late at night and that along with moderate eating of my meals has helped my weight to decline. Where do you have a problem? Are you ready to deal with it for better health? For the fat man, I am. Keep walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net