Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Hard decisions, prayer & health - move moutians

The following may be helpful to those who need to pray for the big problems of life.
Hard decisions are stressful. To me they get in the way of our usual routines of health. My present goals of eating are still intact. Today I only ate one meal which is not good but coming down with strep and weighing a decision on my mind. Along with a decision I have a heavy burden I need to trust God with. I just did not feel like eating. Anybody who knows me, knows that is weird. It is not like me to spend hours in prayer about something but today I did. Being sick, multiple concerns that matter to me, lead to a big mountain to be removed into the sea. (Matt. 17:19-21)
Three thoughts help me sort it out. To begin with I didn't really know how to pray. Mentally and spiritually I was confused and angered. So I started to remembered who I was talking to. God is the healer or the one to move mountains into the sea. In Matthew it tells pray we can move mountains. No mountains have been moved so mountains must be a metaphor for our big problems.
I had a big problem that first I had too sort out to know what I was praying for. It took awhile but I cleared up what I should pray for. (It is amazing how confused I can be at times, Have you ever experienced that?)I knew who I was praying to and I now knew what I was praying for.
Finally I have to believe the prayer will be answered in God's will. In the past God has cared for me, He has answered my prayers. God cares for me now whether I feel that care or not. I can give God my burden or in this case two burdens I am caring about knowing He cares for me. (1Pe. 5:7). Concerning my decision the Lord I think cleared my path to see the light as knowing His will. I was then free to set into action a response. My other burden I have no idea what God's will. My heart is right and so is the other party so I think in time it will work out. Of course I keep breaking the rules to give it time. I am not very patient. I feel like I the "Beaver" blowing it and making a mess of things I cry to the other party, "Gee Wally, this is hard"
One of my favorite lines is Geoffry Rush in Shakespeare in Love where he says, "Its a mystery" referring how things worked out in 16th century drama. In the process of prayer is helping sort things out and trust. "it is a mystery how things will work out but the parties involved are doing the right things. Sometimes it is hard to trust people even when they care for you.
What does all this have to do with health? True friends and family allowed me time to pray. My family made me eat a very healthy meal. They also made sure I took my medicine and they supported a big decision I made. Health improves with good nutrition. My other burden I am still sorting out, but I know who I am talking to, God the remover of big problems. I am identifying some of the problems in me to pray for. And I know God cares for me and the other party who also cares.
Sickness prevented a workout today but healthy praying turned stress into learning to trust both God and those who care around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net