Saturday, April 2, 2011

So come walk with the crazy ol fat man losing weight

Inches are being lost for me is a new way to measure weight loss. No scales just a tape measure. I am sorry I didn't do this from the start. I placed the tape measure on line with the belly button. Men where there pants below the belly button and the belly just sticks out. The pant size is smaller and the mental game of being OK kicks in. Well we all know this doesn't fool anybody but self and it looks like hell. In weight loss if you lost at the waist you are losing in the face, particular the chin. The back side and legs lose, every where you body is changing. I am starting to see my belt and body parts I haven't seen in a while. My first measurement after 28 lbs of loss was 47 1/2, it not is at 45 1/2. Was my waist really closer to fifty? My goal is 39 maybe 36. I think I can reach it. How? The two edge sword if exercise and diet. The one two punch of weight loss. Walking and jogging through the week (at least 5 times). Two to three strength workouts and daily stretching. The other edge 3/4 plate that controls carbs and protein and surround the plate with fruits and veggies to the tune of 5 is fine, 9 is divine. And attack the snack diet where all snacks are cut except fruit or veggies to reach the 5 to 9 servings. In particular I have targeted snack eating after dinner to bed time. None an active choice. Dr. Ken Cooper had wrote and said if one would quit eating after 6 PM the weight would drop. I'm proof once again he is right. Why under 40 inches at the belly button. Research reported in Real Age, the Cooper Institute, and others have shown it takes people out of that sudden death factor from heart attack and stroke and improves against type 2 diabetes and also helps us in our fight of certain cancers. Improve chances from the big three that kill us, works for me. Health issues can be on the emotional level. I have been battling depression for over 2 years. Walking is known to help but my depression I have come to believe is stronger than mild depression walking relieves so nicely. Well in the fat man style I know health is for people who aren't perfect, hence the fat man walks. If I need help with my emotional life then why not get help. Am I'm afraid you might think I'm nuts. Well if you have read this blog you already know I must be a little. What I am interested is being happier and free of negative depression. Added benefit I may gain insight into comfort food eating and be better at reaching the upper 30's for a waist size. Maybe my life improves and I may write a better blog to encourage more people. So come walk with the crazy old fat man. Keep walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments and imput. I would like to hear from you. Contact me a bbbbsa@sbcglobal.net